RETRO Videogame Magazine - Issue #3 Digital Download
RPG fans simply need to own our homage to all things role-playing in this special edition of RETRO Videogame Magazine. From our interview with the legendary Richard Garriott, aka Lord British, to our retrospective on Chrono Trigger, Jeremy Parish's points on Square's past, present, and future, and our in-depth look at Hyper Light Drifter, this is a must-have edition of RETRO to add to your inventory. Prints are all sold out, but you can own the digital download TODAY!
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Reader Mail – Readers ask about our gaming collections, the next hot collectible systems, and other random nerdery.
- Nuts and Volts – Scott gets into battery replacement, babysitting blues, and more.
- Coin-Operated – All the arcade news that’s fit to fawn over.
- Balls of Steele – Kevin’s back with more pinball points of interest.
- GameGavel Digest – Get the latest info on RETRO’s official gaming auction house, GameGavel.com.
- The Schwag Bag – Keg-wielding arcade cabinets, retro-themed game posters and more mark this issue’s Schwaglights.
- RETRO High 5 – Luke gets lost in the world of RPGs, and he may not be coming back.
- Dev-olution – Andy Eddy chats with role-playing legend Feargus Urquhart.
- The Choice is Yours – James Bacon explores the pros and cons of moral moments in the role-playing universe.
- Primal Soup – Jeremy Parish examines Square’s recent struggles between its past, present, and future.
- Industry Icon – Richard Garriott, aka Lord British, takes a look back on the Ultima series, his space travels, and the future of RPGs.
- RETROspective – We all love Chrono Trigger, and in honor of our RPG issue, we take a look at some of the reasons why.
- RETROspective – Ready for a double dose of turn-based nostalgia? Then saddle up for this Panzer Dragoon Saga love-fest.
- RPGs for the Ages – The RETRO staff gives us their personal picks for their favorite role-playing games of all time.
- Doomsday in the Desert – Brian Fargo knows the apocalypse of Wasteland 2 is no place for pulling punches.
- Hero, Schmero – ToMorning Productions’ You Are Not the Hero aims to put RPGs’ bit characters at center stage.
- Intergalactic Intrigue – So you’re saying Cosmic Star Heroine is a mix of Suikoden II, Phantasy Star II, and Chrono Trigger? Yes, please.
- Passion Project – Watermelon Co.’s Pier Solar is a slice of fandom unlike any other.
- A Return to the Shadow – Shadowgate’s on the comeback trail in this reimagining of the old-school original.
- World Gone Bad – Dingaling Games’ Lisa is one of the most depraved games we’ve ever seen...and we can’t wait to see more!
- Latest Release – We level up with South Park, Lightning Returns, Bravely Default, and more.
- Retro Reviews – Are we still in love with Phantasy Star, Shining Force, and Paper Mario after all these years?
- Insane Game Collection – Learn the true meaning of digital devotion from Ed Beeler, a guy with over 800 coin-op cabinets.
- Collect-a-thon – Chris Kohler finally shows Sega some love by giving you the down-low on the mighty Genesis.
- Once and Future Kings – Want to amass an RPG collection that will make your friends swoon? Chris Kohler shows you how!
- RETRO Rarities – Jeremy Parish explains why you should join Suikoden II’s growing army of late-blooming fans.
- NES Nation by Pat Contri
- Conventional Wisdom by Kevin Baird
- Seanbaby vs. The World by SeanBaby
- Experience Points by Scott Johnson
We Also Recommend