RETRO Videogame Magazine - Issue #1
PRINT = SOLD OUT
PURCHASE YOUR DIGITAL DOWNLOAD NOW FOR ONLY $3!
PREVIEW THIS EDITION BELOW
In this mighty debut edition of RETRO Videogame Magazine, we deliver an in-depth look at the Kickstarter-funded Mighty No. 9 complete with insight from legendary designer Keiji Inafune. Plus, Supergiant Games' Greg Kasavin discusses the development of Transistor, Ed Semrad takes you inside the world of game journalism, Kat Bailey revisits the The Battle of Olympus and SO MUCH MORE! Print editions of our debut issue are completely sold out, but you can download and enjoy the digital version right now!
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Reader Mail – Kickstarter backers see their questions conquered by Team RETRO’s finest.
- Nuts and Volts – Our tech guru dismisses the myth of faulty fuses in arcade machines
- Links We Like – Check out some of our favorite URLs
- Gamerspots – These gaming destinations might be worth a road trip
- GameGavel Digest – Get the latest info on RETRO’s official gaming auction house, GameGavel.com
- Midnight City Rising – Get the inside scoop on a hot new indie publishing house
- Boogerman Doesn’t Get Picked – Toy Ghost’s attempt at a reboot gets off to a rough start.
- Girl on Fire – Caitlin Oliver becomes the first female gamer in 30 years to break a gaming world record
- Thief Gives Back to the People – The Internet whines about things, Eidos Montreal takes pity
- Asia Beat – Get the scoop on the latest and greatest from Asia via columnist Kat Bailey
- The U.K. Minute – Mike James dishes out news that’s full of curiousspellings
- Arcade USA – William Culver takes a look at some record-breaking performances and some new machines headed our way
- Balls of Steele – Kevin Steele catches up on the latest and greatest in the wild world of pins
- The Schwag Bag – What do booze, a $200,000 peripheral, and SEGA iPhone cases have in common? They’re all in the Bag
- The Chief – Get the skinny on the early days of videogame journalism with Ed Semrad
RETRO HIGH 5
- Pitiful Peripherals – Resident smartass Luke McKinney takes a trip down the memory lane of pain
- Mighty No. 9 – We give you an in- depth look at the much-anticipated platformer
- RETROspective – Kat Bailey delves into the NES action-adventure gem, The Battle of Olympus.
- System War Sadness – Patrick Scott Patterson thinks the lot of you should shut up and play games, already
- Computer Space – Take a deep dive into the first-ever arcade game.
- Tuning in to Transistor – We chat with Supergiant’s Greg Kasavin about their upcoming action- adventure epic
- Galak-Z Quest – Will 17-Bit’s space shooter live up to the legacy established by Skulls of the Shogun?
- Hitting its Stride – Can Capcom’s reboot slice and dice where Bionic Commando’s blade struck dull?
- The Kickstarter Collective – We take a look at some freshly funded retro-infused indies we know you’ll want to play
- Latest Releases – Our takes on Killer Instinct, The Wolf Among Us, and more
- Retro Reviews – Combat, Perfect Dark, and others face the RETRO jury
- Insane Game Collection – Michael Thomasson has more games than you, and he has the certificate to prove it
- NESessary Evils – Chris Kohler serves as your guide to building the ultimate NES retro library
- Primal Soup by Jeremy Parish
- Once More, With Feeling by Alexandra Hall
- Reboot This! by Steve Tom Sawyer
- Retro Regrets by David Giltinan
- Conventional Wisdom by Kevin Baird
- Seanbaby vs. The World by Seanbaby
- Dev-olution by Andy Eddy
- Bot and Dude by Keith Robinson
We Also Recommend