RETRO Recap - Special Issue #0
PRINT = SOLD OUT
PURCHASE YOUR DIGITAL DOWNLOAD NOW FOR ONLY $5!
In this special RETRO Recap, readers are rewarded with looks at the making of Donkey Kong Country, insight into the glory days of Atari, an inside looks at the Metroid-inspired Axiom Verge and the stunning retro-inspired adventure title Hyper Light Drifter.
HERE'S THE RUNDOWN:
- Arcade Archives – Join us on a deep dive into the heyday of American Laser Games.
- Silverball Spotlight – Preston Burt offers advice to first-time pinball purchasers.
- Dev-olution – Andy Eddy chats with Boss Key CEO, Cliff Bleszinski.
- Homebrew Heaven – Michael Thomasson delivers breaking news on the return of Ralph Baer Pinball.
- Rise From Your Grave – Chris Ainsworth makes his RETRO debut with advice on the hardware hacker’s must-have tools.
- The Schwag Bag – What do you get when you mix a dose of Donkey Kong goodies with a pairing of Pac-Man-themed paraphernalia? Find out here!
- All About the Art – Publisher Mike Kennedy chats with Synapse Software’s cover image champion, Tim Boxell.
- The Making Of... – David L. Craddock examines what made gamers go bananas for Donkey Kong Country.
- RETROspective – James Patton waxes philosophical about the impact and ambiance of Snatcher.
- Axiom Verge – Tom Happ spent the last five years trying to make the next great Metroidvainia game.
- Hyper Light Drifter – RETRO takes a look at a stunning retro-inspired adventure game
- The Art of Atari – We take a look back at how marketing magic helped make one of gaming’s true trailblazers a household name.
- Latest Releases – We trade jabs in Super Smash and Gauntlet.
- Retro Reviews – Castlevania Symphony of the Night gets a second chance with RETRO reviewers.
- Collect-a-Thon! – Chris Kohler finally shows Sega some love by giving you the down-low on the mighty Genesis.
We Also Recommend